Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Weekend is Almost Gone

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready for a vacation. I would love to take a week off from work and just veg around the house. Maybe it's the change in weather that is getting to me. The weather is starting to turn more fall-like here in Texas, with temperatures getting up into the mid to upper 80s. Today, it was nice and breezy. I love it when the weather is like this and I'd love to enjoy more of it. Unfortunately, I don't have that much vacation time left for the year. I have a few days scheduled at Thanksgiving and a few days at Christmas.

I got my iPod adapter today. It was, of course, installed for me free at the dealership. The cord comes out of the glove box and plugs into the iPod. It took about an hour and a half to install it, and they even washed the car for me. Which I greatly appreciated, since I was dive bombed on Friday by what must have been a gigantic bird (it left one hell of a mess), and had planned on running through a car wash after leaving the dealership. After leaving the dealership, I went to Costco to fill up with gas and stopped by Chipotle to pick up some lunch for Jeff and me. I'm really enjoying the audio system in this car, and the iPod adapter makes it even more enjoyable. The work commute is much less tedious.

I'm sorry to make this post so short, but I'm quite tired and I think I'm retiring for the night. I have tons of homework to finish tomorrow, so I need all of my mental powers. The turkey muffaletta I had for dinner isn't helping matters either. :-)

2 comments:

Cristy said...

I'm ready for a vacation, too. And a turkey muffaletta. Yum. So, where are we going? Somewhere with a beach and hot cabana boys?

Love you,

C

Scott said...

That sounds great! I would love a nice beach vacation. Hmmm... there's a tropical storm in the Yucatan, so Cancun is out. South Padre might not be bad. They were south of Ike's path of destruction. There's also Florida beaches, I'm sure. We could also go down to Key West. :)

Love you,
Scott