Monday, October 6, 2008

Late night and crazy musings

OK, it's almost 3:00 AM and I'm still up posting homework. Now, this is completely all my fault. I waited until the last minute and underestimated the amount of work to be done. I'm essentially through for the night, since I need to get some sleep for work, but I'm having difficulty uploading my materials. We were supposed to share the materials via our blogs, but Blogger doesn't support attachments. So, I'm waiting for WordPress to generate a confirmation email (and for that email to arrive at Gmail) so I can set up a third blog for handling attachments.

Jeff went to the grocery store today and apparently, today was the Day of the Snoots at Super Target. He witnessed an interesting altercation between two shoppers. One of them was moving down an aisle towards the main aisle, and the other shopper was moving down the main aisle. I should add that the shopper on the main aisle was engrossed in a cellphone conversation. She then blocked the aisle so the other shopper couldn't get out. When the shopper said, "Excuse me. Could you move your cart?" The shopper on the phone stuck up a hand and stepped away, still engrossed in her phone call. The other shopper, taken aback by this rudeness, stepped back and then slammed her cart into the other shopper's cart. She didn't just move the other woman's cart; she slammed it. The other shopper on the phone didn't respond, since she was still engrossed in her animated cellphone conversation, but Jeff was highly amused.

It was also the Day of the Nitwits, since he saw a woman going hell bent for leather towards the exit doors, not realizing that she wasn't going towards the automatic doors. She collided with the doors, much to the amusement of a teenager who happened to be watching. The woman turned and glared at the teenager, who responded, "I'm not laughing at you; I'm laughing with you." The woman retorted coldly, "I'm not laughing." The teenager replied, "Well, then, I guess I'm laughing at you!"

How come these things never happen when I'm at the store? I'll have to start going with Jeff so I can witness these frivolities first-hand.

2 comments:

Cristy said...

I don't get to see cool things like that either. Of course, if I'm by myself, I'm usually plugged into my iPod. I would have laughed at the lady runninginto the doors. Or I would have been the lady.

Love you,

C

Scott said...

You know, every time I go to Target now, I pay extremely close attention to whether or not I'm going through the automatic doors. I don't want someone laughing at me!

Love,
Scott