Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sleepy Weather and Halloween

We're in that wonderful time of year when the air is just a bit cooler. Fall is in the air and I've been incredibly sleepy. Maybe there's something else in the air that we just don't know about yet. I've been nodding off at work and at home, so I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. We were watching The Simpsons tonight and I conked out for nearly half an hour. It is starting to get dark earlier, so maybe it's just a natural reaction. That's the story I'm going with, anyway.

Jeff's mom is coming out next weekend to spend some time with us. Jeff's stepdad did some minor renovations in her bathroom and she's not entirely pleased with the result, so Jeff's going to go out there and help assess the situation. They have put their heads together and come up with a plan that is complex and full of twists and turns (including a trip out to IKEA) but Jeff is trying to find the simplest and shortest distance between the two points. It will be good to see Shirley and I'm glad she's going to spend some time with us. I've been very fortunate with my mother-in-law. Jeff likes to tease her and say that I'm her favorite daughter-in-law. She used to get mildly offended by that, but now she just giggles. She's still not thrilled that Jeff and I are gay, but she's getting more used to it as time goes by. We'll be together nine years next March. Jeff has actually put up with me that long. :-)

We've been invited to a Halloween party, and this one is a costume party. We used to dress up for Halloween at work. For some reason, I liked going as a nun. There are a few pictures of me dressed up as "Sister Mary Scott" but we don't dress up at work anymore. I'm thinking something with fangs and a big wig could be fun. I think costumes should be fun, yet simple. I'll probably leave work a bit early, come home and pick up Jeff, and then drive back over to Fort Worth for the party. It should be fun. Maybe we can go out to my parents' house first for trick-or-treating and surprise them.

6 comments:

Cristy said...

I would love to see you in a nun's costume. For some reason that is really tickling my funny bone. We are recycling last year's costumes.

I like to sleep when the weather starts to cool down. I think it's hibernating instincts kicking in. Or it could be that I'm just lazy. I wish I had time to be lazy.

Love you,

C

Scott said...

From your blog posts, you have been one busy Hawaiian!

Scott said...

Oh, and I meant to finish. :-) If I can find that picture, I'll forward it to you. I think I have it at work. It was fun being a nun. I didn't shave that day either, so I'd be a slightly hormonally imbalanced nun. I think costumes are more fun when you recycle them and then make changes to them.

Love you,
Scott

Mike said...

Hi Scott, This is Mike Anderson from BHS. I found your blog from Cristy's blog and have enjoyed reading it for a few days now. It's good to hear that things are going well. I live in Flower Mound, so we're practically neighbors.

October always reminds of watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". It's about time to break out the Charlie Brown DVD collection!

Take care,
Mike

Cristy said...

I love the Charlie Brown movies. My kids love them, too. It's almost time for popcorn, hot chocolate, and a little Charlie Brown.

C

Scott said...

Hi, Mike! It's good to hear from you. I hope you're doing well over in Flower Mound. I don't get over there too often, but it's always a nice drive when I do. It's funny that you brought up the Charlie Brown "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" because we just watched that the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think we're going to have to get that boxed set soon.

Take care and keep in touch!

Scott