Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finally!

I think the Fall semester is finally over! I believe I have completed all of the final requirements for my instructional design class. I'll find out what my final grade later this weekend. I'll be happy with whatever I get, frankly. These last few weeks have been utter turmoil at home, for reasons that my friends all know, but I've somehow managed to keep at least a fingerhold on my scholastic career and finish my work. Whew! I'll be so relieved when the final grades come out because then it is officially over. I can officially file Fall 2008 as done and move on to the Spring semester.

Now, I can focus on getting ready for Christmas and enjoying some time off from work and from school. Right now, I really have a lot of personal reflecting to do to see how I'm going to move forward with my altered personal life. I definitely need some Scott time to think, to plan, and hopefully, to understand. All of my friends (and my mom, who checks in with me daily) are counseling me to do this, and it's advice that I'm going to heed. I'm looking forward also to playing major catch-up with sleep, reading, and having fun in general.

Tonight, I'm going to a Christmas party, and I'm spending the day tomorrow with my dear friend Karen who is going to urge me to look at corners of my life that all too often remain in the shadows. It will be a very good thing. I may come home completely wiped out, but it will be a very good thing. I also have some vacation time scheduled the week of Christmas.

2 comments:

Cristy said...

I'm glad the semester is over, too. It's sometimes so much work and effort and it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

And I'm glad you are blogging again. I was starting to go through withdrawals (not pretty).

And when reflecting, I suggest a large cup of Spiced Chai tea. It helps soothe and calm the nerves.

I recently spent some time relecting on my past and how it affected my present and future. What I came up with were some serious abandonment issues that I am still working through today. That is what leads to my feeling of inadequacy if I delegate even the smallest of responsibilities. It also has lead to feelings of proving that I am worthy. But that is so a blog for another time.

The process is not easy or nice to face sometimes. But in the long run it has been very good for me and has allowed me to let go of several things, feelings and issues, that I have held on to for I don't know how long.

And always remember, advice is advice. Most is well meaning. It doesn't mean you have to take it or do it. But don't throw up road blocks to it, either.

I'm done rambling for a minute.

Love you,

Cristy

Scott said...

Oh, me too! I got A's in both classes, so I still have my 4.0 in graduate school (take that, whomever suggested I was free from intellectual distractions). It has been a rough couple of weeks. I will take your offer of a soothing cup of Spiced Chai tea, since it's probably my favorite tea to drink hot. At night, I have to drink decaf. :) And Chai needs to be made with plenty of milk and sugar (or soy milk and Splenda, in my case).

I guess we're at that age where we do some reflecting. It sounds like you're making some excellent progress on your personal journey. And I think one lesson that we all need to learn is that we all need help and we can't do it all ourselves. That's been a hard lesson for me to learn at work.

I'm trying hard not to throw up any road blocks right now. I need to take things slow and take this time off to kick back, reflect, write, and work through some things.

Thank you for being there - as always. :) And if you need me, please give me a ringy-dingy.

Love you,
Scott