Thursday, December 18, 2008

Colds are Icky

And owls are assholes - what's your point?

I think someone at work has given me a cold, and I have a pretty good idea who did it. The irony is that this same person was complaining that someone else came to work and gave him the cold, when that person should have stayed at home. Which is what I did today. I crawled out of bed, called in to work, downed two Benadryls and two Advils, and crawled back under the covers until about 4:30 pm. I felt a little better after taking a shower, but I'm still feeling pretty miserable. My sinuses feel like they're on fire. Right now, I'm sipping orange juice and ticking the time away until my next dose of NyQuil. I think NyQuil is some of the best stuff in the world. Personally, I prefer the cherry flavor, but all I have is that noxious green liquid that belongs squarely in that "if it tastes this rotten, it must be good for you" category. But it works, and that's the main thing. I know someone who swears that NyQuil is really just green vodka.

It depends on how I feel tomorrow morning if I end up going to work or not. I really don't want to make anyone sick at work, especially if they're going on vacation soon to be with their families for Christmas. I see myself as doing a favor for the community if I do end up staying at home.

I did have a little bit of fun today. I've just about finished the last Janet Evanovich novel that our roommate lent me. She's plowing through my Sue Graftons, but it's slightly uneven. She's on the last Sue Grafton book (T is for Trespass) while I have some more Janet Evanovich novels to read. I will say that the Janet Evanovich books are delightful and full of sassy charm. I also played the new Internet game, Sock and Awe, where you can throw shoes at President Bush. He's a quick little rabbit. I managed to hit him just a few times.

I hope everyone is set for a nice weekend! It's going to be warm here in D/FW, so I should probably get out and let the sun dry up this nasty cold.

3 comments:

Cristy said...

Colds are icky! I'm dealing with a little post nasal ick myself. But when everywhere you go people are hacking and sneezing and ugh! When is my bubble going to ready from the cleaners?

Love you,

C

Cristy said...

See, I forgot something.

I love both of those authors. I've read all the Sue Grafton, and I'm in line for the Janet Evanovich from the library. When I signed up I was 150 or something awful like that. But JE had great love stories, too. The make me laugh.

Love you,

C

Scott said...

Colds are icky! I'm hoping this one isn't going to turn into the flu. I'm going to venture out today and see if I can find Mom's Christmas present and then I'm going to head home and burrow under the covers. Since we are having such crazy see-saw weather (70s today, 40s tomorrow), it's no wonder everyone is hacking like crazy. I hope your post-nasal ick dries up soon! Leah is enjoying the Sue Grafton books tremendously, and I'm on book 10 of JE's Stephanie Plum books. They make me laugh out loud.

Love you,
Scott