Saturday, January 24, 2009

Get Me a Hazmat Suit!

I swear -- and my mother always told me not to swear -- it seems like everyone at work is still sick and not getting any better. Just about everyone I know is either coming down with a cold or trying to finally get rid of one. Sneezing and hacking sounds are more prevalent than phone calls. When I was at the doctor's office a few weeks ago, I mentioned that I was trying to get over a cold and the nurse tersely said, "You and everyone else in Fort Worth." Colds -- fueled by allergies -- usually turn into sinus infections, and life gets really moist and miserable. I just got over my cold, and I have the final remnants of a cough plaguing me, but I am not going to get sick again. Say it with me: Scott is not going to get sick! I've finally gotten to the point where I can laugh without sounding like I've been smoking for eons, and I've gotten enough lung power to sing again in the car (which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your vantage point), but I'm not back 100% yet and I don't want to catch this mess again.

In other late-breaking news, I'm shopping around for a camcorder. One of my classes this semester is an introduction to video technology. I would like to learn more about creating videos, and I have to be able to submit video projects for class assignments. I've been researching them for the past few days. I have to go with Mini DV, so I can probably get something quite reasonable. My other class focuses on doing critical reading on various educational topics. I don't think I have to buy any textbooks this term, so I don't mind spending some money on a video camera. I have always secretly wanted one, anyway.

What else is going on? I posted a personals ad on Yahoo! personals. I bit the bullet and paid for the subscription. I have a friend who called the computer 'the magic boy box.' I'm not looking for a boyfriend, but I would like to find guys to meet and see if anything further develops.

That's all the news I have to report from here. I hope everyone is having a good weekend. If you're in the D/FW area, stay warm and try to get over your cold! :)

2 comments:

Cristy said...

The same thing is happening here. I have it, AGAIN!!! I am sick of snot and hacking coughs. I knew the boy had it bad when he laid down at the park yesterday and took a nap. 8 year old boys do not take naps at the park. And he was clingy. So now we all sound like we've been smoking for forever, my Chapstick is half gone because my lips keep drying out because I can't breathe out of my nose, and if I find out who gave me this junk, I'm gonna shoot him/her. But at least we're together, right?

Love you,

C

Scott said...

Argh! I'm so sorry that you and your loved ones are fighting the crud again. No, 8 year old boys do not take naps at the park unless they are not feeling well. Leah is sick here and I'm avoiding her as much as I can because I don't want to catch it again. My boss gave me a vitamin booster that comes in a tube. You pour it in a glass of water and it turns pink and fizzy, and it's supposed to give your immune system a boost. I'm going to look for those tomorrow.

Anyway, I hope that you and yours can banish those germs for a while!

Love you,
Scott