Sunday, January 11, 2009

Colds Are Icky II - The Return

Gah! I've been stricken with yet another cold. And owls are STILL assholes! I have my physical on Monday and if the doctor feels so inclined to give me something to relieve my cough, I'll be ever so grateful to her. I know how I got the cold, and I don't regret the reason why I got the cold, but the fact remains that I have the cold and now I want to get rid of the damn thing.

Aside from that, things are going generally very well at home. Leah goes out of town next week to do some training (in Phoenix), and Jeff and I each still have some time off before school starts on January 20. We just had cable put in, and I feel like we're getting caught up with pop culture. On January 18, we can watch Obama's inauguration on HBO. I'm really digging the HD channels on cable and watch them every chance I get. But today, I found myself watching a marathon of The Jeffersons on TVLand. I got the eye-rolls from everyone here, but I feel that when you're sick, you can eat what you want and you can watch what you want on television.

Leah just celebrated her birthday, and my brother celebrates the big 3-6 on Friday. My mom asked me last night if I could believe that she would be turning 70 in 2010. I said I certainly could, because that's the year I turn 40. There's one good thing about being born in a year ending with zero; the math is always easier.

Other than that, I don't have much to report. I hope everyone is having a great week! :)

2 comments:

Cristy said...

I am so old!! And colds are icky!! And owls are Assholes!! Now that I have that off my chest, I feel better.

I love being born in a year that ends in zero. Too much mental math isn't good for you, I don'y care what "they" say.

And who doesn't love a Jefferson's marathon. Of course, it isn't a Burn Notice marathon, but really, what is? Check out USA for that show. The whole spy thing just does something for me.

And I hope you feel better.

Love you,

Cristy

Scott said...

You are NOT old. If you say that you're old, that means that I am old, and I don't think that I am old. Ergo, you're not old. So there! :-) Don't make me come down and swat your Hawaiian heinie!

Of course, that threat may encourage you to make further age-related comments, since I know of your lewd side. :-)

I think this cold is finally starting to leave me, and I hope this is the last of them for this cold season. I'm almost afraid to go back to work because I could expose myself to more cold germs. Someone at work suggested that we shut the place down for a week so all of the germs could die out and we could all recover.

I rather enjoyed the Jeffersons marathon, despite the eye-rolls around here. It's hard to believe that much of the cast has passed away. I'll have to check into Burn Notice. I like the spy thing too.

I hope you, Daniel, and the kids are ready for another exciting week!

Love you,
Scott