Monday, January 19, 2009

Clean Bill of Health

Even though I've been suffering from the same cold, allergies, and sinus infection that have plagued just about everyone in the D/FW area, I got a clean bill of health from my recent physical. All functions were normal (no jokes, please) and my cholesterol levels and blood pressure were in good shape. And since I'm getting back out in the dating world, I had her check me for transmittable diseases of a more intimate nature, and everything came back negative. I didn't think it would be otherwise, but it never hurts to double-check these things.

This weekend was pretty low key. I spent Saturday out in the Settlement for little Shaney's birthday. He wanted pizza, so we had Pizza Hut delivered. I did some computer work for them and got Dad's iPod hooked back up. I gave them my old iPod a few months back, and Dad has taken to that device like a duck to water. He accidentally restored it, which took some figuring on how to get everything back. After you restore an iPod, you actually have to connect it to an Apple AC adapter or into a powerful AC iPod adapter to do the firmware update. I don't have an Apple AC adapter any more, so I used the iPod adapter in my car and it did the trick. After coming home, I found that Leah and Jeff had gone out, so I made myself some dinner and ultimately went out to buy groceries. It was a bit late, so I had to sidestep the stockers at Walmart. They weren't too happy to see shoppers, so I tried to be as inobtrusive as possible and stay out of their way while getting what we needed. Today, I spent most of the day in my room, playing on the Internet and watching TV.

Unfortunately, I don't get MLK day off, but since others do, I should have a pain-free commute tomorrow morning! :-) I hope everyone has a great week. We had Obama's inaugural concert tonight (I saw some clips from it - it looked fantastic) and the full festivities on Tuesday.

No comments: