Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I can bring home the bacon... nuh NAH nuh nuh

I have a friend with whom I can sing the theme song from the old Enjoli commercials of the 1970s and we laugh our heads off about it. For those of you who may have forgotten about Enjoli, it was (or for all I know, still is) a cologne for women. It was the 8 hour perfume for the 24-hour woman. I think this one was one of my favorites, and if so, it's no reason I turned out gay. I wonder if my parents cringed while I sang and cavorted to its jazzy jingle.




Here's one I don't exactly remember (slightly before my time) but it's still fun: the old Noxema shaving cream commercials accompanied by David Rose's musical piece called The Stripper



I love those old commercials. There are so many more, but I don't have the energy tonight to go digging for more. If you were a child of the 1970s, what were your favorite commercials? I'm sure I'll post more later. Enjoy!

No comments: