Thursday, April 23, 2009

Catching Up

I've been a bad blogger lately, as my friend Cristy will surely tell you. It's been difficult to sit down and write. My mind hasn't been in that mode lately. I've been caught up in a mad whirlwind of online dating. I've met some very interesting guys, most of whom were very nice, and I made it with some of them past the second or third date. I've got to remember that now is not the time to find myself a true boyfriend, since I'm still dealing with an awkward living situation here. I can't bring anyone over (Jeff has specifically asked me not to) and I think that's best. I mean, how insensitive would it be for me to bring a guy over and get intimate with him in the bed that I used to share with Jeff, while Jeff is still living in the house? Pretty damn insensitive, I'd say.

Not that Jeff and I have this sparkling, chummy relationship. He and I speak to each other only when absolutely necessary, and most of the time we pointedly ignore each other and stay out of each others' way. Personally, I think he could be a bit more cheerful, considering that I'm still supporting him, but maybe that's just me. I know this is not the best of situations by a long shot -- for either one of us -- so I'm trying to be patient and just not let things get to me here. Fortunately, I have my own room, which has really become a sanctuary for me. We've just got five months to go, so our goal is keep things civil, if not friendly.

So, I've met a few guys and I've struck some sparks here and there. I've met guys from all different career fields and walks of life, and their stories have been interesting, for the most part. Right now, I have about three guys who are possibilities. Each of these guys are different.

My preferred choice would be to just date (perhaps even exclusively) after a while, but I do not want to move in with someone right away. My lease is up in September and I have plans to move in with a friend. My friend Karen and I have pretty much decided that we're going to get a place together. I want to live in the Valley Ranch area. It's right off LBJ freeway and convenient to both Dallas and Fort Worth, and there is much to do there. I've never lived with a strictly platonic friend (except for Leah, and that doesn't really count since I was living with Jeff when she moved in), and I'm excited about it. Karen and I go way back. We met in 1994 or 1995 when she was with her long-term partner Gail and I was with my first boyfriend Steven, and we hit it off immediately. We were both with controlling, dominant partners and we clicked. When she and gail broke up in 2000, we reconnected. If I ever have a gay wedding, I'd like Karen to give me away since she's the gay friend I've known the longest. She and I get along very well, and in no time at all, we've got each other laughing hysterically. I'm excited, and so is Karen. We're already making plans and looking at the furniture each of us will bring into the apartment.

Work is a bit of a bear right now. We're being swamped with projects and we have such a small staff now. I'm certainly finding myself going to more meetings, and I invested in a dry-erase board to help me keep everything organized. We also use rapid-development tools like Articulate, which can do some pretty neat things with PowerPoint. (On a side note, PowerPoint 2007 is awesome!) I had two courses go out this week! Whew.

And that, gentle readers, is all I have to say for the night. I need to get into bed! Happy Thursday to all of you. Love, hugs, and decadent desserts! :)

1 comment:

Cristy said...

I love you.

Cristy