Sunday, February 8, 2009

It is done!

I finally went and purchased the camcorder for my video technology class. I've looked around and read reviews online and finally decided to go with a Sony Mini-DV camcorder from Best Buy. There aren't many Mini-DV options still out there, with most of the camcorders being hard-drive based, flash drive based, or DVD camcorders, but I've been told that I can get uncompressed video downloaded to my computer with a Mini-DV camcorder. The price was the same all over town, so I marched into Best Buy and bought it. Now, once I remember to go get the necessary Firewire (or as Sony calls it, iLink) cable, I can shoot some video and download it for my loyal readers to see. I splurged on a decent tripod, a camera bag, and an extended warranty in case I drop the silly thing (it covers accidental damage), and fortunately the transaction was short and sweet.

Go me!

2 comments:

Cristy said...

Good for you. I love new technology. And it's fun to play with. The new stuff just amazes me with all the things it can do. I wonder about the guy who sits in the room and says,"You know, we need a ___ that can ___." Hoow do they come up with some of those ideas. Enjoy it!

Love you,

C

Scott said...

Well, the mini-DV is a bit older in terms of camcorder technology, but I read all kinds of negative things about the newer ones and all kinds of good things about mini-DV, so we'll see. :) I haven't even unpacked it yet, but I probably will do that over the weekend.

Hope all of you are well down in sunny Florida!

Love you,
Scott