Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Flu, Schmu!

I got sick at the end of last week (probably Thursday, which is perhaps why I was so lackluster on my date that night) and I thought it was just a cold. Turns out it was the flu. I got in to see the doctor on Tuesday and she apologized that there wasn't anything she could do for me, but I just needed to go home, rest, and drink plenty of fluids. I felt really yucky all weekend and Monday, but I started feeling better today. She said I was on the tail end of it and she wants me to stay home from work until Friday, and I have the note to prove it. :) And Friday is a very important day, so I have to be better by then!!!

So, I'm spending all of my time sprawled on the bed, exploring cable television and watching DVDs. I fell asleep this morning during The Golden Girls. After I got home from the doctor's office, I ran in Target to grab some food items. Dripping with sweat (it was pretty freaking muggy today), I came home and gladly changed into a t-shirt & shorts and hit the bed again. Tonight, we had thunderstorms and tornado sirens, but fortunately all we got was some heavy rain and wind.

3 comments:

Cristy said...

I love a doctor's note. Daniel had one when he was sick a couple of weeks ago and he used the heck out of it. Problem was, he tried to use it on me. "But the doctor says I should rest." Yeah, whine to someone who gives a damn. Enjoy your rest!

Love you,

C

Scott said...

It's been a while since I've had a doctor's note. They told me at work that since I was out of the office until Friday, they had placed me in charge until I returned. :) The doctor's note has been extremely helpful around here too. It's in Jeff and Leah's best interests to be gentle with me too, since they don't want to get sick either. I'm enjoying my rest, but I'm getting a bit stir crazy.

Scott said...

And I'm getting ditzy too! I forgot to sign off properly.

Love you!!

Scott