Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Online Dating

It has been almost nine years since I've played the dating game. And it's a bit odd now. I remember posting an ad on Yahoo personals and just picking guys out of the trees. Now, it's a bit more complicated. It's hard to get someone to make the first move. I've learned that when you use a service like Yahoo or Match.com, you don't fire off an email to introduce yourself to someone you'd like to meet. You use an 'icebreaker' or a 'wink.' I guess that's a low-key way of showing your interest. But I'm a writer at heart, so when I first signed onto Match.com and saw some interesting guys, I fired off some emails. Now, I'm back to using the winks.

My dating success? Not too bad, considering. I had an odd relationship, of sorts, with a really nice guy who truly piqued my curiosity. But he seems to have blown me off, and I'm not sure why. It's disappointing, because I really expected more from him, but life does go on. I'm talking to some other guys on Match.com, and oddly enough, the person they felt was a 100% match actually lives in White Settlement and works just a few blocks away from the TCC/RadioShack campus. Is it a small world or not?

Everyone... have a GREAT week! I'm hitting the hay.

3 comments:

Cristy said...

I am so glad you are blogging again. I missed you.

How interesting the age of technology has made us. I have always liked the idea of those services. Although with my luck the ideal man for me would live in a trailer park and think fashion was changing his sweaty, wife beater tshirt once a week. Of course, I met my man in a bar, so really.

Love you,

Cristy

Francie said...

I too, have missed your commentaries. You ARE a writer; one of the best. Have fun sampling what is out there in dating land, but just be careful.

Scott said...

Thank you both! :) I need to get back into blogging. There's no telling where love can bloom. It can be online or in a bar. I met a cute guy once in Tom Thumb by the Rice-A-Roni display. We went out a few times (nothing developed much) but we had fun. He was a great guy.

And Francie... I am being careful. Thank you for your wise words as always. :)

Love and hugs and decadent desserts to you both!

Scott :)