Sunday, March 15, 2009

First Wine Bar Adventure

Last night, I went to a great wine bar in Addison. It's called Mercy, which takes its name not from the quality we would (or should) like to have in ourselves, but from the Roy Orbison song Pretty Woman. I had never been to a wine bar before. Mercy has a great atmosphere. The place has very subdued lighting and dark woods and textures. It's quiet, so you can actually hear the person with whom you're sharing a bottle of wine. My date and I put away a bottle of Pinot Blanc that was just fantastic. I think I may switch my allegiance from Chardonnay. Fortunately, both of us preferred white wine to red. The service was wonderful, and the food was just delicious. I had chicken with pesto sauce, while he had penne with chicken.

I met Josh on Match.com. Our date went fairly well, but I'm not sure how to gauge it. It was a fairly quick date; we were together for about two and a half hours. It wasn't like my first online date where it seemed like we couldn't get away from each other quickly enough. He said that his face was hard to read, and he's right. After leaving Mercy, we went elsewhere for dessert, and we had good conversation along the way. He seemed very tired, and I hope that I wasn't boring him. There was a quick goodnight kiss that I initiated. So, it could be a true first date where things are going to build slowly. But the more I think about it, that was probably our only date. If he called now, I'd be surprised. I guess the chemistry just wasn't there in person like it had been on the phone or online. That happens. 

2 comments:

Cristy said...

I've never been to a wine bar, but I have been to a piano bar. That was not so quiet. Just remember, one step at a time.

Love you,

Cristy

Scott said...

I've never been to a piano bar, but I've been to restaurants where someone tickled the ivories and sang. I don't know if that's the same thing or not.

But yes - one step at a time. Very wise words. :)

Love,
Scott