Thursday, December 10, 2009

Another semester is almost gone!

As my friend and roommate Karen said to me tonight, "It's been a hell of a semester, hasn't it?" Indeed, it has. I've moved, I've started taking better care of myself financially, and I'm managing to hang on in an increasingly insane work environment. I'm getting closer and closer to Robert all the time (almost six months later, and we're still giggly teenagers). As of tomorrow evening at midnight, the semester will end. All work will have been submitted and I'll await the final results. I don't think this will be another 4.0 semester, but if I make B's, that's fine with me. In grad school, you can't graduate with honors anyway.

I'm looking forward to a nice break -- just in time to go Christmas shopping! I have a membership to Amazon Prime, so I can order stuff and get 'free' 2-day shipping.

3 comments:

Mermie said...

Speaking of Christmas shopping, I really do need to do a little shopping for you, and you need to get back to me on coming out here for a spaghetti dinner some weekend. Or anyone else that would like tocome, all are welcome. The door is open. By the way, I've gained a couple of pounds since last year, I'm now an XL, or in some cases a 1X. No comments please. Haven't done anything different, so don't know why I've gained. But just to let you know about the flannel pajamas. I miss them, you know? Locw.........

Mermie said...

That's supposed to be...Love..........

Scott said...

Hi, Mermie!

I would love to come out to the Rockin' C for a spaghetti dinner and see you both. If it's okay, I'd like to bring Robert along so you can meet him. Do you have any plans to head out of town any time soon? School starts on Jan. 19, but it won't get into full swing for at least another week or two. As for sizes, I'm still an XXL - XXXL depending on the shirt. And I can certainly get you your usual flannel pyjamas. I might be able to get more with any post-Christmas sales! My email is dfwscott@yahoo.com if you'd like to drop me a line.

Love,
Scott