Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Night at the Opera

I'm fooling you with this post. Opera as an art form is lovely; I have yet to attend one, but I plan to do so one day. But this post focuses on the Opera web browser. Opera has been around for a while. It is used in a mini-format on many smartphones. I hate Internet Explorer. I use it at work only under duress. It takes forever to load (both on startup and loading web pages) and as is the case with most computer users, I prefer browsers to load quickly, particularly when I'm paying for DSL. I've been using Google Chrome a lot, but it has been behaving oddly lately. I downloaded Opera, and off I went. The pages load quickly, and the browser has a minimum of toolbars to maximize screen space. I'd recommend Opera if you haven't checked it out. There may be some websites that don't work well with Opera, just as there are those that don't work well with Firefox or Chrome or Safari. 

No comments: