Monday, May 25, 2009

Transitions

I've been in a wistful mood today. I've met someone whom I think is a serious dating contender, and he's definitely interested. When I got home from my second date with him, I spoke briefly with Jeff and discovered that he had a date for tonight. It made me pause a moment and reflect on how our lives have changed and how we're both moving on, even though we're still temporarily tied together financially. I found myself remembering the early days of my relationship with Jeff, and the time when he first captured my heart. And I guess because I'm going through this process again with another man, it has made me wistful and, yes, a bit sentimental. In September, we'll both go our separate ways, but I know that I will always fondly look back on my time with Jeff, and I learned a lot from him. He probably does not have nearly the same view of me, but maybe that will come with time. Or maybe not. In September, I'm sure I'll be wistful again as we take that final step and split up our possessions for real (right now, it's all essentially a theory, since everything is still in the apartment). I'm moving in with a friend in September (not with a boyfriend) and I think that is a wonderful thing. We can help each other heal and be strong, and I can truly rediscover who I am and get back to the things I love to do.

No comments: