Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's Not the Swine Flu!

I woke up Friday feeling under the weather, yet I really don't think it's the Swine Flu. I don't think it's any kind of flu, really. It's a minor chest cold with the unwelcome side effect of conjunctivitis (better known as pink eye). I've been using antibiotic drops and I'm starting to see the white of my left eye again. I'm actually feeling pretty good now. I'll be going out to the Settlement tomorrow to see Mums and Daddums.

I started feeling some cold symptoms several days ago and started swabbing my nose with Zicam. I think that's why this cold has taken on such a bizarre form and has lasted such a short amount of time. I heartily recommend Zicam swabs and always keep them on hand. They're so easy to use -- just break them open and gently swab the inside of each nostril with them. If you're like me and loathe the taste of Cold-Eeze, then Zicam is the way to go. Zicam, orange juice, and rest are the holy trinity for my cold treatments.

But some wiseacres (you know who you are) have been suggesting I might have the Swine Flu. But I haven't had any flu symptoms. No fever. No aches. Just minor cold symptoms -- and this farkakta pinkeye.

No comments: